Tuesday, January 25, 20115:44 AM
■ Just a Dream
I wish I would not be reminded of cambridge by its appearance but apparently, it's too famous to fulfil my wish. My aunt asked me about the application result just now, and I had to repeat that "I'm rejected" in a seemingly indifferent manner again. Even when I went to 'Popular' and picked up this book titled "so you think you're clever" or sth, the word "cambridge" appeared on its cover. Hmm, what a "coincidence".
I saw a student wearing poly tee on the bus back home. And then I started to wonder whether my current disappointment and depression are simply a result of excessive expectation. If I were the poly student, I would not introduce cambridge into my life, and perhaps I would be just contented to get into NTU or SMU. Yet the fact that I have climbed my ladder up to this high- through 'high school' instead of 'secondary school'- and 'junior college' instead of 'polytechnics'/'ITE', has inevitably lifted my aim, until my last choice became NUS. I wish I could stand in the shoes of a poly student and at least appreciate my life for once, because then my failure would no longer be failure but just, a dream.
I saw a student wearing poly tee on the bus back home. And then I started to wonder whether my current disappointment and depression are simply a result of excessive expectation. If I were the poly student, I would not introduce cambridge into my life, and perhaps I would be just contented to get into NTU or SMU. Yet the fact that I have climbed my ladder up to this high- through 'high school' instead of 'secondary school'- and 'junior college' instead of 'polytechnics'/'ITE', has inevitably lifted my aim, until my last choice became NUS. I wish I could stand in the shoes of a poly student and at least appreciate my life for once, because then my failure would no longer be failure but just, a dream.