Sunday, January 23, 20113:20 AM
■ Live the life you've imagined.
I remembered this quote while shopping at urbanwrite.
I thought this was so encouraging but unfortunately, unrealistic.
Thanks to ken, I went to the city harvest church at Expo yesterday, for the first time in my life. It was a good experience. The place was more like a concert hall. One of the songs, "I surrender All", was really nice. :] I prayed, and felt the strength within me. At the same time, I fell into my philosophical thinking about the ups and downs in our lives. I regard them as a cycle; and to me, those believers accept the 'downs' and are grateful for the 'ups' because they have prayed. But as far as religion is concerned, I suppose there is no universal truth. The pastor taught us to let go of the past and move on to the future as if the past misery is non-existent; but my past has shaped my future in the form of a butterfly effect, and letting go isn't as easy as brain-washing.
This morning, the bus driver greeted me and wished me happy new year (I couldn't hear the rest of his sentences as I was listening to my korean songs xD). It was indeed this kind of triviality that brought me warmth. I shopped at tampines in the afternoon and bought earphone and a pair of really lovely green+ribbon+flowery pattern shoes-- probably the prettiest I've ever seen haha. I guess my days are getting brighter. :)
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined. -Henry David Thoreau
I thought this was so encouraging but unfortunately, unrealistic.
Thanks to ken, I went to the city harvest church at Expo yesterday, for the first time in my life. It was a good experience. The place was more like a concert hall. One of the songs, "I surrender All", was really nice. :] I prayed, and felt the strength within me. At the same time, I fell into my philosophical thinking about the ups and downs in our lives. I regard them as a cycle; and to me, those believers accept the 'downs' and are grateful for the 'ups' because they have prayed. But as far as religion is concerned, I suppose there is no universal truth. The pastor taught us to let go of the past and move on to the future as if the past misery is non-existent; but my past has shaped my future in the form of a butterfly effect, and letting go isn't as easy as brain-washing.
This morning, the bus driver greeted me and wished me happy new year (I couldn't hear the rest of his sentences as I was listening to my korean songs xD). It was indeed this kind of triviality that brought me warmth. I shopped at tampines in the afternoon and bought earphone and a pair of really lovely green+ribbon+flowery pattern shoes-- probably the prettiest I've ever seen haha. I guess my days are getting brighter. :)
