Thursday, January 20, 20116:08 AM
■ Life goes on.
I was googling for my post rejection plan, and here it came some inspirational words from the forum. Althought the first two are not intended for me, I think it fits me rather well too.
To what I have lost, I have gained.
"Besides I hardly think Imperial and UCL are bad universities when it comes to the sciences, and I don't think they in any way lack prestiege. However if you really do have your heart set on going to oxford at some point I'd suggest just going ahead and doing your degree it one of your other choices, and then apply to oxford for a postgraduate degree.
Seriously though getting into oxbridge is not the be all and end all. If you go to imperiel/ucl or any of your other offers to be honest your life will turn out fine. Do not listen to the people on tsr who seem to think that if you don't get into oxbridge you are doomed not to succeed in life."
"Imperial is an excellent university for science. You should go there and then apply for a post-grad when you finish."
"If you have not been successful, hold on to the fact that by being pooled you know you are of Cambridge standard. Wherever you land up, you have every reason to do well, and may even find that it suits you better than Cambridge would have done."
From Ken:
"U always believed that getting into a holy good uni is damn impt, but maybe it isn't. Students from imperial and Cambridge may be just as smart as each other. Sure u don't have the brand name, but maybe wad is more impt is that u realise u don't have brand name so u work harder to be a nicer person.
Every path has a lesson to be learnt, and it takes time for u to discover them and learn them. If all u do is resent that u are not on ur chosen path, u can never appreciate what good things there are on the one u are forced into.
Don't let it be a blow to ur confidence."
From Neha:
"i know you're feeling rly down! and i know it will take some time for you to feel better, but you will realise and prove to everyone that you dont need cambridge to prove your capabilities =) i believe in you =)"
To what I have lost, I have gained.