Thursday, January 20, 20111:15 AM
■ Two days have passed, I still couldn't get over the nightmare.
In the past two days, the first thing came into my mind when i woke up, was still the rejection by cambridge. Admittedly I had appeared to be happier, but smiling is a vain attempt to cover the melancholy deep down in my heart. I seldom cried at a frequency of 7 times per day, but now I did. I would trade so many things just for the acceptance, but reality doesn't change. I was pooled, but that fact doesn't console me in any better ways-- people only care about the outcome. There were so many plans for my assumed post acceptance, but now I couldn't organise my thoughts and plan for my post rejection.
I am grateful for the fact that my parents didn't upset me further by criticising on my failure, instead they supported me for going into imperial to complete my Nobel Prize dream-- though not in the cambridge path I have imagined. And I am not joking about this Nobel Prize goal, just like how I set my goal of beating that 'someone' after PSLE and eventually became a top student in lower sec.
I have analysed at least five reasons for the rejection. Yet whatever the reasons are, they are not excuses. And I don't like the idea of pushing everything to my kids for them to achieve them instead-- I'll make the miracle happen in my generation. Even though a door has closed, I could still find other paths, though it might be not as easy.
I am grateful for the fact that my parents didn't upset me further by criticising on my failure, instead they supported me for going into imperial to complete my Nobel Prize dream-- though not in the cambridge path I have imagined. And I am not joking about this Nobel Prize goal, just like how I set my goal of beating that 'someone' after PSLE and eventually became a top student in lower sec.
I have analysed at least five reasons for the rejection. Yet whatever the reasons are, they are not excuses. And I don't like the idea of pushing everything to my kids for them to achieve them instead-- I'll make the miracle happen in my generation. Even though a door has closed, I could still find other paths, though it might be not as easy.