Friday, February 18, 20113:39 AM
■ A short history of nearly everything
“It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world.”
I couldn't find a better quote from the book "a short history of nearly everything" by Bill Bryson yet, so I chose this quote from "The butterfly effect". I decided to pick this book up again as I want to gain more science general knowledge for future interview purposes and perhaps, be inspired and become a brand new individual. My life before reading it was a continuous upward trend, thereafter slanting downwards, and never really regain my previous status.
D#2 has been a closer friend these days. And as now I recall how we get to this close, I feel fate playing a major role. It merely starts from a scholarship talk- Oh well perhaps 'someone' is more experienced than me in this area. Now I found it interesting how we greet each other in "good morning" and "good evening" simultaneously due to the time difference; how I mirrored myself witnessing this capricorn-taurus relationship (I relate this to miso compound in H3 chemistry, or optical isomers in H2 chemistry); how the possibility of becoming future colleagues seems "heartening"-- But I don't want to expect, as every time I expect high, I watch myself fall. And all I was left with was simply, disappointment- higher than proportionate.
I changed my office desktop wallpaper into a cartoon one- with two cute owls and one cute gold hair boy. I thought it was rather a naughty act, considering it's a government property. But both my colleague, L, and my supervisor, C, found it cute. :) so why stick to the standard windows wallpapers? Work should be much more fun :D