Tuesday, March 29, 20114:35 AM
■ Keep your feet on the ground, but let your heart soar as high as it will.
Failing to secure a place in cambridge prompted an agonising period of self-doubt and confusion. I was forced to step back, reflect, and try to know myself. I was extremely grateful for my A-level results. These days I was rejected by some, and confirmed by some, but those rejection letters could earn a small sigh from me, I would never cry as badly as I did for cambridge. Do you believe in fate? I am having this strong feeling that the UK is not for me after all. I visited Nick today. I didn't have to ask the receptionist to call him as it was just so coincidental that he came out of his office while I went in. I was telling him the possiblity of being rejected by NUS Med and Dentistry, he told me I did not have to. I have yet to find someone who places so much confidence in me. He said I am different from others because I had worked so hard to obtain today's position, and that I will continue to work hard towards my future goal. I was touched by that sentence, I dunno, my past always triggers me to be sentimental. He said that my potential could lead me to do something even greater than Medicine- I don't know what's even greater than Medicine. I am currently in the process of writing my Med personal statement and I hope my future settles here. My interview skills may still be below standard, my EQ may still be low, sometimes it is ironic that one cannot frankly tell the truth in the interview, but those who excel the interview tell the truth, just in a smarter way. Isn't that living for others? I want to live for myself, and as I have said in my ps, "I am standing here, aspiring to make my very existence in this world meaningful."